Schermafbeelding 2016-04-28 om 20.28.45

Church member administration S.I.L.A..

For those who would like to be registered in the address file of De Krijtberg and in the national file of the S.I.L.A (Stichting Interkerkelijke Ledenadministratie – Foundation of Interdenominational Membership Administration) with De Krijtberg as preferred church. (With this you will be transferred from your current parish to De Krijtberg, which will become the church you are registered to.)

About SILA

The SILA was founded to support the administrations of the participating churches. In 1994 the mentioning of denomination disappeared from the Register Office. That was a decision from the government, for privacy reasons. The government no longer required the registration of the citizens’ conviction. Which was inconvenient for the local churches in the Netherlands, because they had been able to request mutations in the data of their church members from the municipality for a small fee. On the one hand, the government wanted to do justice to the new way of thinking about privacy, on the other hand, they did not want to cross the churches. The churches came up with a beautiful solution: the SILA and the ‘SILA-dot’. At the municipality a ‘SILA-dot’ has been placed behind the name of every citizen who is a member of one of the churches registered with SILA. That dot means that the person concerned is registered in the SILA-administration, a collective administration of church members. The municipalities, which cannot determine from the dot, to which denomination someone with a dot belongs, deliver the mutations of those citizens to the collective administration SILA. At SILA they do know who belongs to which church and thus the SILA can forward the mutations to the concerned church. At the foundation of the SILA-administration, this solution was explained to all thechurch members and everyone was given the opportunity to object to registration in the SILA-administration. The SILA itself also reports mutations to the municipalities: new church members and ‘refusals’. For these people the SILA-dot is respectively placed or removed. Those notifcations come from the participating religious communities, and ultimately the people concerned. As such, the SILA is only an intermediary service for mutation traffic between the municipalities and the participating religious communities. The mutation traffic between the SILA and the churches runs through the central offices of the participating religious communities. Each participating community manages their own church administration.